Tender coconut is naturally sterilized water and an instant cooler. It contains protein, dietary fiber, Vitamins A, C, E, K, sodium, potassium, and minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, and zinc. A pretty long list indeed – but that’s how nutritious it is! These vitamins and minerals help our body make energy from food and assist in the production of red blood cells.
In summer sipping a drop of coconut water gives you energy and encourages fluid retention in our body. Let us see the number of amazing benefits one by one.
Body heat and stomach pain
Take coconut water add palm sugar to it. The palm sugar will increase the medicinal benefit of coconut water. Drinking this water releases stomach pain, urinary problems and reduces the intensity of diarrhea.
Reduces Blood Pressure and Constipation
- From a fresh green coconut and take at least 300 ml tender coconut water in a bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of fenugreek in that and soak it through the night.
- The next morning, take the fenugreek seeds from water and drink the tender coconut water in empty stomach.
It would be mildly bitter sweet in taste but it is a very good medicine for sugar patients, reduces Blood pressure and cures constipation problems.
Heart burn and Acidity
Take coconut water, little palm sugar, mint leaves extract, one teaspoon cumin seeds powder. Mix all these well and drink. Palm sugar takes a while to dissolve and sometimes leaves some muddy crystals too. You can strain it if required. This drink is refreshing and it cures acidity and heart burn.
Energy and health drink for children
- Coconut meat
- Saffron – just a pinch
- Litlle jaggery
- Boiled milk
- Take one glass of milk, boil it and allow it to cool.
- Add tender coconut meat, saffron and jaggery.
- Mix well so that the jiggery dissolves.
- You can give it to your children in room temperature or chilled a little.
This is an excellent energy drink for both adults and children.
Remedy for prickly heat and shingles
Take green coconut meat and apply it on the affected area (Be it chicken pox bubbles, prickly heat or shingles). Continuously doing this will give a soothing relief and cure the problem.
Assists in weight loss
Coconut water has a very low level of fat content and hence lot of water can be consumed without any fear. This will reduce hunger pangs and make you feel full because of its rich nature.
Helps in digestion
If you feel difficulty in digestion, coconut water may give you a very good relief. Coconut water contains dietary fiber which will give prevention of indigestion and reduces acidity and heart burning.
For healthy heart
Adding coconut water to your everyday diet prevents various heart diseases and improves health.
Stones occur when there is an increase of crystals in kidney and it should be flushed out through urine. It may give a lot of pain and other health issues too. To avoid kidney stones, tender coconut water can be taken once a day. Coconut water reduces the occurrence of crystals and also protects us from kidney stones.
Children will get all essential nutrition from coconut water. Making it a regular practice of drinking coconut water helps in strengthen bones. It also increases immunity and memory.
For shiny hair
- Wash your hair with your regular shampoo.
- After washing use coconut water like a conditioner and massage your hair gently with it.
- Applying coconut water on the scalp cures itchy scalp and reduces dandruff.
For clearer skin and to get rid of blemishes and scars
Face mask 1:
- Take coconut water, milk and cucumber juice.
- Mix well and apply it on your face and neck for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with your regular face wash and with cold water.
Start doing this simple remedy and see the result.
Face mask 2:
- Take 1 teaspoon each of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix with coconut water and apply this like a face mask.
- Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash with cold water.
This mask removes all pimples and acne spots.
Face mask 3:
Prepare a face mask by mixing multani mitti with coconut water.
This homemade face mask clears tan and dark spots naturally.
Coconut water also gives a number of other benefits like:
- For menstrual cramps and heave bleeding during periods.
- To provide relief during viral fever, typhoid and jaundice. To hydrate the body and give them energy in case of vomiting and diarrhoea.
In a gist, coconut water is rich in nutrients. It boosts our metabolism by providing increase oxygen to the body. It is a healthy alternative to soft drinks and packed juices. If you feel thirsty and the mood strikes to drink soft drinks and packed juices, choose tender coconut instead.