Iron deficiency is the main cause for anemia. Anemia occurs when the red blood cells do not have enough hemoglobin. Anemia symptoms are usually brain fog, muscle weakness, fatigue or pale skin, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, chest pain, headaches, lack of energy, cognitive problems, high or low blood pressure. This deficiency of iron can be treated at home with a simple home remedy. Follow this remedy to cure anemia.
Take 2 carrots, 3 dry figs and one teaspoon of honey. Blend all the ingredients after adding some water. Drink this once daily to fight anemia.
How does carrot juice cure anemia?
Carrots molecules are very close to human’s hemoglobin molecules, thus make it beneficial in blood building. Carrots are good sources of vitamin A, B, C, D, and vitamin E, potassium, zinc, manganese, sodium, iron, copper, pantothenic acid, folate and calcium. Raw carrots are rich in vitamin A, this particular nutrient help move iron stored in the body to red blood cells. Adult men need 3000 IU and women need 2333 IU of vitamin A each day. One glass of this carrot smoothie can supply 45,133 IU, this fulfills adults’ requirement easily.
Carrot health benefits
Carrots are most commonly eaten around the world and it is native to Europe and Southwestern Asia. Carrots are included in many dishes like salads, soups, snacks, side dishes, and in many recipes. Both adult and children love to eat raw carrots because of their sweet taste and crunchy texture.
Carrots contain antioxidant called beta carotene which is crucial for improving immunity in the body, to fight against free radicals, and to protect the skin, to cure anemia and for eye health. It also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that make the vegetable ideal for boosting the immune system’s functioning.
Lowers blood pressure
Antioxidants such as Vitamin A, C and beta carotene(1) protect blood vessels from free radicals. In a study published in the International Journal of Angiology in 2005, researchers found that the antioxidants and the potassium content present in carrot juice helps in balancing the high level of sodium linked with hypertension and controls blood pressure.
The antioxidants presence in carrots could actually lower the risk of cancer and cardiovascular diseases. If smokers include carrots in their regular diet at least once or twice a week are 33% less prone to lung cancer(2) than others. Carrots have the potential to eliminate the cancer cells and even prevent metastasis.
Carrots contain significant amount of dietary fibre that helps in regularizing bowel movements and maintains good digestive health. It also prevents the conditions like constipation(3) and acid reflux. The fibre content protects the colon and stomach from various diseases including colorectal cancer. It also eliminates LDL cholesterol from the blood vessels and arteries and maintains heart health.
Vitamin A is vital for healthy eyes. Carrot contains abundant amount of beta carotene that converted into vitamin A in the liver. This vitamin is again converted in the retina to rhodopsin. Rhodopsin is purple pigment which is necessary for night vision. Beta carotene protects eye from problems like macular degeneration, glaucoma, and senile cataracts.
Regular consumption of carrot keeps skin healthy and vibrant as it is loaded with vitamin C and antioxidants. The nutrient present in carrot helps protect the skin against various problems. To get glowing skin, mix grated carrot and honey, apply this on the face as a face mask. Drinking raw carrot juice is highly effective in treating blemishes and scars. The same juice can also be applied to clear blemishes. Vitamin C in carrot aids collagen production in the body. Collagen is vital for the maintenance of elasticity, prevents wrinkles and aging.
Various health benefits of dried figs
- Figs are loaded with calcium, protein, potassium, iron, vitamin C, E and K, carbohydrates and magnesium. Dried fig contains higher amount of dietary fibre than other fruits. It also has trace amounts of Omega-6 fatty acid, linoleic acid and glutamic acid. Here are the various health benefits of dried fig.
- The high iron content in fig gives 2% of daily requirement. Iron is one of the significant mineral that carries hemoglobin throughout the body. Daily consumption of fig raises your hemoglobin levels and help fight anemia.
- Dried figs are loaded with potassium which helps in controlling high blood pressure. Potassium deficiency may lead to hypertension. So daily intake of dried fig regulates blood pressure level.
- As it is rich in fibre, it is considered good for weight loss as well. Dried fig reduces your energy intake and keeps you feeling full for a longer period.
- Researchers have found that women consuming dried fig are at a low risk of having breast cancer(4).
- Dried fig contains a wide range of minerals which is beneficial to protect the bone density. Regular consumption of this fruit strengthens joints and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
Carrot smoothie to fight anemia – DIY
- 1 Medium Carrot
- 3 Dried figs
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Water ((as required))
- To make the smoothie use one medium size carrot, dried fig, and honey.
- Peel and chop carrot into small pieces.
- Soak 3 dried figs into water for one hour.
- Add chopped carrots to blender.
- Add soaked fig to blender.
- Add one teaspoon of honey.
- Blend them well.
- Smoothie is done.
Consume this carrot smoothie once a day to fight anemia.