Gum diseases typically cause swelling and inflammation of the gums due to bacteria that can affect the bone that support teeth. Bacteria cause inflammation of the gums called gingivitis. If gingivitis is not treated properly, it can advance to periodontitis which is inflammation around the tooth.
Indian nettle is a medicinal herb which is beneficial to cure gum diseases. Take a handful of nettle leaves, grind it well and take the juice. Add rock salt and mix well. Use this mixture to brush the teeth and massage the gums. Continuous brushing with this paste for a week relieves swelling and inflammation of the gums.
Names in other languages:
- Scientific name – Acalypha indica
- English – Indian nettle or Indian Copperleaf
- Hindi – kuppi
- Sanskrit – harita manjari
- Malayalam – kuppameni
- Bengali – mukta jhuri
- Tamil – kuppaimeni
- Kannada – kuppugida
- Telugu – harita manjari
Indian nettle has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which prevent plaque, and gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontitis.
Kuppaimeni or Indian nettle carries many medicinal properties. The leaves of the plant have been used for many health problems. The plant leaves are cooked and consumed as vegetable.
- The leaves of Indian nettle plant is considered as the best medicine for asthma and bronchitis.
- The leaves extract is beneficial in treating the condition of blockage in urination. It can help easy flow urine and thus cures urinary problems.
- Indian nettle can cure skin diseases like eczema and scabies. Extract the juice of the leaves and use it for external application. Thus cures skin problems.
- The leaves extract can be mixed with turmeric and used as a face pack. This removes all unwanted facial hairs and gives glowing and fair skin.
- Dry the leaves and make powder. Use this powder for bed sores and other types of infections and wounds.
- The leaves extract cures ear pain and reduce the pain of non poisonous snake bite. The extract is also good to treat ulcers.
- The combination of leaves extract, oil and salt can cure arthritic pain and rheumatoid arthritis.
Follow the below steps and know how to treat gum disease with Indian nettle.
How to cure gum disease with Indian nettle (Kuppaimeni) – DIY
- 1 Cup Indian Nettle (Kuppaimeni leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Water ((as required))
- Use Indian nettle leaves, salt and water.
- Take one cup of fresh Indian nettle leaves.
- Add the leaves to blender.
- Add little water,
- Blend well.
- Strain the juice.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Mix it well.
Directions for use
Use this mixture of juice to brush your teeth and massage the gums.
Use continuously for a week or two to get relief from pain and swelling.
Kalaivani Selvaraj, MBA, got her Master’s degree in Human Resources. Due to her interest in natural healing, she pursued studies in the field of alternative medicine and is certified in Aromatherapy by Isla Verde Spa Training Academy. Ms. Kalaivani Selvaraj is also certified by Stanford University School of Medicine in Introduction to Food and Health.
Beauty - DIY (5)
Cold, cough, flu and wheezing (3)
Dental care (2)
Digestive health (8)
Diseases and disorders (55)
DIY - Natural Remedy Recipes (160)
Female Sexual wellness (4)
Hair care (25)
Health - DIY (337)
Home remedies during and post pregnancy (9)
Home remedies for child care (25)
Home remedies for cholesterol (1)
Home remedies for weight loss (11)
Home remedies to cure diabetes (12)
Lip care (6)
Natural beauty products (33)
Natural Remedies (179)
Natural remedies for acne and pimples (26)
Podcasts - Q&A with Experts (2)
Pregnancy & Child care (48)
Recipes for nutrition (4)
Remedies for dandruff (7)
Remedies for hair fall (11)
Sexual issues in men (1)
Skin and Hair care (53)
Skin care (45)
Skin disorders (17)
Weight Loss (18)