Body scrubs are a perfect way for improving skin tone, and to get smooth, glowing skin(1). Homemade body scrubs are inexpensive, easy to make and chemical free. Here is the simple homemade natural body scrub using natural ingredients and sure everyone loves to make on a regular basis.
Take 50 grams dried tanner’s cassia (Aavarampoo), one teaspoon of rice powder, one teaspoon of sugar, one small piece of bees wax, and 2 capsules vitamin E oil.(2) Blend all the ingredients except vitamin e oil and make fine powder. Take the powder in a bowl, add vitamin e oil to the powder. Mix it well and now it is ready to be applied.
How does this natural body scrub work on skin?
All the ingredients used in this natural body scrub is inexpensive, easy to purchase and no side effects. Also the ingredients used in this natural body scrub contains powerful antioxidants which help improve skin elasticity(3), moisturizes skin and gives healthier, glowing skin.
Skin benefits of tanner’s cassia (Aavarampoo)
- Dried tanner’s cassia powder treats uneven skin, prevent dark spots (4) and keep the skin free of blemishes. Regular use of tanner’s cassia(5) powder on skin improves complexion, and increases the glow of the skin.
- Making natural body scrub by using dried tanner’s cassia helps remove body odor. Tanner’s cassia powder can be used for almost all skin types. Continuous application decreases recurrence of boils and prevents skin infection.
- Tanner’s cassia is rich in antioxidants, herbal tea made with tanner’s cassia is very tasty and a perfect substitute for tea and coffee. The antioxidant presents in this flower keep the skin and body healthy.
- Tanner’s cassia herbal tea helps regulate menstrual cycle (6), lowers pain abdomen during menstruation.
- Consuming dried tanner’s cassia powder has the ability to regulate blood sugar levels. Preparing herbal tea by adding small quantities of cardamom and palm sugar is highly beneficial for people with hyperglycemia(7).
- Consuming herbal tea in the morning on an empty stomach boost insulin levels (8) in the body. It contains detoxifying agents which help strengthen the liver functions, also prevents liver disorders (9).
- Tanner’s cassia flower has an excellent cooling effect. Applying tanner’s cassia paste on head and eyes removes heat, redness and inflammation in the eyes. Applying flowers paste directly on the eyes cure eye sores even with formation of pus.
- The fresh or dried flowers has wonderful healing properties thus cures ulcers. Consuming the flowers extract increases production of blood cells and improves blood circulation in the body.
- Herbal tea made with flowers has laxative property, so it can be consumed to facilitate easy bowel movements and to prevent body from constipation and other problems.
Rice powder for skin
Rice powder is easy to prepare at home itself, also economical and super effective. It is highly important to keep the skin hydrated and healthy. Based upon the skin type you can exfoliate and peel the skin once a week or two times a month. Adding rice powder as a main ingredient in body scrubs help improve blood circulation, soften the skin, hydrate and reduces inflammation. Rice powder mixed with sugar and yogurt is an excellent anti-aging scrub. Apply and massage for a minute focusing deep wrinkles and then wash with cold water. After exfoliation, it is must that to provide immediate hydration to skin by using cream, lotion or oil.
Sugar for skin
Adding sugar on the natural body scrubs are the most perfect way of getting rid of flaky, dry skin that develops over day. Sugar scrubs are user friendly, suits all skin types because they leave no side effects. It works well in preventing skin diseases like eczema(11) and psoriasis because they hydrate the skin so effectively. Using sugar scrub on the body leaves smooth and healthy skin. Regular use of sugar scrub on the body and face gives healthier, glowing, uniformly textured and colored skin.
Vitamin E oil for skin
- Vitamin e oil has potent antioxidants, thus treats the appearance of scars, bruises and scrapes very effectively. It boosts the production of collagen, a fibre-like protein which is mainly responsible for maintaining skin elasticity.
- Apply a few drops of vitamin e oil over the sunburn area. The powerful antioxidants presence in vitamin e oil fight against free radicals caused by ultraviolet radiation and soothes the sunburns.
- Regular application of vitamin e oil on face and body cleanses dirt, grime and other pollutants, also it maintains the skin’s oil balance.
- Vitamin e oil is good for dried cuticles and nails. Massaging vitamin e oil on nails, moisturizes the dry nails and cuticles.
- Applying vitamin e oil on stretch marks(12) daily reduces the appearance of stretch marks. Vitamin e oil is known to improve the skin elasticity and lighten stretch marks.
Vitamin E oil for hair
Vitamin e oil is also good for hair too. The antioxidants present in this oil boost the circulation of blood in the scalp and to all parts of the body. Applying vitamin e oil on hair twice a week, conditions the hair from the root and ensures healthier hair growth. Also, the same help strengthen and smoothen the hair cuticles, thereby reduces breakage and split ends.
Follow the below simple DIY and know how to make homemade natural body scrub.
How to make natural body scrub – DIY
- 50 grams Dried Tanner’s Cassia flowers (Aavarampoo)
- 1 teaspoon Rice powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 small piece Bees wax
- 2 capsules vitamin e oil
- To make the natural body scrub use dried tanner’s cassia, rice powder, sugar, beeswax and vitamin E oil.
- Add 50 grams of dried tanner’s cassia (Aavarampoo) to blender.
- Add one teaspoon of rice powder.
- Add one teaspoon of sugar.
- Add a small piece of bees wax.
- Blend all the ingredients well and make fine powder.
- Cut two capsules and add vitamin e oil to the powder.
- Mix it well.
- Natural body scrub is done.
Apply this body scrub all over the body and face, leave for 20 minutes.
Scrub and wash off.