Fatigue or otherwise called as extreme tiredness is a term used to describe lack of energy, lack of motivation or the feeling of being tired. Fatigue is actually a feeling of being overworked and being very sleepy. The common reasons for fatigue includes poor sleep (1), excessive intake of caffeine, inactivity or excessive physical activity, excessive alcohol use, and unhealthy eating habits. Here is the simple home remedy to reduce fatigue.
Take a teaspoon of ashwagandha powder, 10 to 15 fresh grapes, 1 fig, 2 to 3 dates and one glass of boiled milk. Soak fig for one hour before blending. Add all the ingredients to blender and blend well. Make a smoothie and consume to reduce fatigue (2). Drink this smoothie thrice a week.
How does this homemade smoothie help to reduce fatigue?
Ashwagandha is considered as one of the best anti-fatigue agents. It is a natural herb and easily available in the market. Add ashwagandha in the regular diet to alleviate the symptoms of stress, lack of energy, and fatigue. Grapes are nutritious food and rich in sugar content. Smoothie made with grapes provides instant energy, replenishes iron concentration in the body, thereby helps to reduce fatigue. Grapes are also rich in antioxidants which enhance immunity (3). Fig is loaded with many nutrients and treats various health issues. Dates are also considered a superfood and consuming it on an regular basis will keep fatigue and tiredness at bay.
How to reduce fatigue with home remedy – DIY
- 1 teaspoon Ashwagandha powder
- 1 Fig
- 10 -15 Black grapes
- 2-3 Dates
- 200 ml Boiled milk
- To make the smoothie use ashwagandha powder, fig, grapes, dates and boiled milk.
- Add one teaspoon of ashwagandha powder to blender.
- Add one fig to blender.
- Add 10 to 15 de-seeded black grapes.
- Add 2 to 3 dates to blender.
- Add 200 ml boiled milk to it.
- Blend all the ingredients well.
- Smoothie is done.
Make and consume this smoothie once a day to reduce fatigue.
Health benefits of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha also called as Indian ginseng provides wide range of health benefits and treats many illnesses such as fights cancer, prevents arthritis, asthma, stress, diabetes, treats hypertension (4) and rheumatism.
Ashwagandha is rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, anticonvulsant, immune boosting, anti-bacterial and anti-stress properties. It contains iron, potassium, tannins (5), nitrates, glucose and fatty acids. Also has essential steroidal alkaloids such as sominine, somniferine, anferine, and withanolides (6).
- Ashwagandha root is good for heart health due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps strengthen the muscular walls and bring down bad cholesterols levels in blood.
- Ashwagandha plays an important role in improving the semen quality by increasing the sperm count and sperm mobility (7).
- In Ayurveda, Ashwagandha has been used to improve both physical and mental health. It helps in reducing anxiety and depression.
- Ashwagandha also possesses anti-stress properties. It induces soothing and calming effect on a person.
- Consuming ashwagandha powder continuously for a period of four weeks decreases blood sugar levels during fasting and post-lunch period. Ashwagandha has been used as a natural cure for diabetes in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Ashwagandha is good for skin problems. The antioxidants presence in ashwagandha, successfully fights the damaging free radicals and clears dark spots, wrinkles(8) and fine lines. Ashwagandha is an excellent skin toner.
- Ashwagandha treats all type of hair problems too. Applying ashwagandha oil on scalp improves blood circulation, provides more nutrients to the hair follicles (9), resulting in stronger and thicker hair.
Health benefits of Grapes
- Grapes are rich in antioxidants called lutein and zeaxanthin (10), which help maintain eye health. They fight with free radicals and may reduce oxidative stress and damages to the retina and thus prevents cataracts and other eye problems.
- Grapes are a good home remedy for sunburns. Take some mashed grapes, gently apply on the affected area. Leave it for 30 minutes and wash off with cold water. The flesh contains powerful antioxidants such as proanthocyanidins and resveratrol which protects the skin from harmful ultraviolet radiation. Also reduces redness caused by sunburn and damage borne by the skin cells.
- Grapes are one good solution for hair loss. Apply mashed grapes and seeds on hair and scalp and allow it to stay for some time. The linoleic acid presents in grapes and seeds help strengthens the hair follicles and make the hair strong and healthy.
- A glass of grape juice cures bloating and burning sensation in the stomach. The same can also prevent dyspepsia.
- A recent study showed that grape juice can prevent breast cancer. Grapes are rich in antioxidants and antimutagenic properties that very effective in fighting all kinds of cancer and more effective against breast cancer.
- Grapes are helpful in lowering sugar levels in blood, regulating cholesterol levels and also reduce the formation of kidney stones.
Health benefits of Fig
- Figs are nutritious rich food, contains vitamins, minerals, and fibre. Figs are rich in dietary fibre, hence it is highly beneficial for obese people.
- Fig fights anemia, increases hemoglobin levels in blood and improves overall health.
- As like grapes, consuming figs decoction can also help to clear kidney stones.
- Regular consumption of fig cure sleep disorder, help reduce stress level, and promotes restful sleep.
- Figs contain good amount of calcium which help to have healthy bones. It improves bone density and is good for women.