Obesity or overweight is a bothering both physically and mentally. The major cause for obesity may be overeating, lack of sleep or sleeping in the day time, excessive drinking, lack of physical activity and other similar habits. Proper exercise and diet is the only way to cure obesity. Here is a simple remedy to reduce weight, that is mint juice for weight loss.
Take one cup of fresh mint leaves, one carrot, one teaspoon apple cider vinegar, one teaspoon cumin seeds, half lemon and water. Blend the ingredients well and make juice. Consume this mint juice every day to reduce weight.
Cumin seeds – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Cuminum cyminum
- English – Cumin seeds
- Hindi – Jeera
- Sanskrit – Jiraka
- Malayalam – Jeerakam
- Bengali – Jeera
- Tamil – Jeeragam
- Kannada – Jeerige
- Telugu – Jeelakari
- Mint has vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, vitamin B-6, magnesium, fibre, protein, sodium and iron. Mint stimulates the digestive enzymes and that absorbs nutrients from food and change the consumed fat into usable energy. It is a great appetizer, promotes digestion, acts as a cleanser, soothes stomach in case of indigestion or inflammation.
- Vegetables are healthy diet food because they are low in calories and filled with nutrients. Carrot contains fibre, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K. Sliced carrots contains only 50 calories per cup and low fat content. As it is rich in fibre, it is highly helpful to lose weight.
- Cumin seed helps burn calories fast. It increases the metabolism rate, lowers bad cholesterol, boost immunity, improves digestion and prevents gas and bloating stomach. Drinking cumin seed water on an empty stomach every morning for 15 days helps in quick weight loss.
- Consuming apple cider vinegar before meal would help with weight loss. It contains pectin, including pectin in diet can make feel fuller for longer period of time. It can suppress the appetite in similar way.
- Lemon the one more ingredient contains polyphenols that helps to limit increases in body fat. Lemon juice has vitamin C, which might be helpful for weight loss.
Follow the simple steps below and know how to make mint juice for weight loss.
How to make Mint juice for weight loss – DIY
- 1 cup Fresh mint leaves
- 1 Carrot
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 Lemon
- 200 ml Water
- To make the juice use mint leaves, carrot, cumin seeds, apple cider vinegar, lemon and water.
- Take one cup fresh mint leaves.
- Peel the skin and chop carrot into small slices.
- Add the mint leaves to blender.
- Add chopped carrot to blender.
- Add one teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Squeeze half lemon to it.
- Add 200 ml water before blending.
- Blend all the ingredients well.
- Juice is done.
Consume this juice thrice in a week to lose weight.
Kalaivani Selvaraj, MBA, got her Master’s degree in Human Resources. Due to her interest in natural healing, she pursued studies in the field of alternative medicine and is certified in Aromatherapy by Isla Verde Spa Training Academy. Ms. Kalaivani Selvaraj is also certified by Stanford University School of Medicine in Introduction to Food and Health.
Beauty - DIY (5)
Cold, cough, flu and wheezing (3)
Dental care (2)
Digestive health (8)
Diseases and disorders (55)
DIY - Natural Remedy Recipes (160)
Female Sexual wellness (4)
Hair care (25)
Health - DIY (337)
Home remedies during and post pregnancy (9)
Home remedies for child care (25)
Home remedies for cholesterol (1)
Home remedies for weight loss (11)
Home remedies to cure diabetes (12)
Lip care (6)
Natural beauty products (33)
Natural Remedies (179)
Natural remedies for acne and pimples (26)
Podcasts - Q&A with Experts (2)
Pregnancy & Child care (48)
Recipes for nutrition (4)
Remedies for dandruff (7)
Remedies for hair fall (11)
Sexual issues in men (1)
Skin and Hair care (53)
Skin care (45)
Skin disorders (17)
Weight Loss (18)