Many people, both men and women face issues with face turning red. It might be because of many reasons like, the environment, the sun, the wine, the acne/pimple or even anger. There is no specific medical treatment for this issue. When your skin is very sensitive or fair or have rosacea, redness can happen all the time. Some researchers say that redness of facial skin can also be genetics.
There are many natural remedies available to reduce redness in a very effective manner.
Cucumber with its natural cooling effect, helps to reduce effectively. Cucumber has been used for this purpose since ancient times.
- Choose a fresh cucumber.
- Clean the cucumber and cut them into thin slices.
- Place the cucumber slices on your facial skin.
- Leave it on the skin for 20 minutes.
- Remove the slices from the skin.
- Rinse your face cool water.
- Choose a fresh a cucumber.
- Clean and peel off the skin.
- Mash or blend the cucumber.
- Squeeze and extract the juice from it.
- Apply the extract all over the face.
- Leave it on the skin for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water.
You can use chill cucumber for this mask, as it will give a soothing effect on the skin.
When you have redness in skin, it is important to follow a good diet. You need to include more body cooling foods in your daily diet.
Food to cool down body heat
- Water melon
- Musk melon or cantaloupe
- Cruciferous vegetables
Food to avoid
- Spicy food
- Very hot food
- Soft drinks
- Hot beverages
Apart from these, smoking must be stopped completely.
Water is a miracle fluid for many diseases and skin problems. Drinking enough amount of water every day can flush out toxins and also hydrate the body effectively. This will help to reduce redness in skin by cooling the body heat.
You can also take bath in plain or warm water twice or thrice a day. This will keep the skin fresh and clean. Please do not use very not water to shower or wash your hair. It will add redness and dryness to the skin.
Use herbal products
To reduce redness in skin, try using mild herbal products on your facial skin. Get rid of harsh soaps and cleansers, as the chemicals might harm your skin. Avoid going for chemical peels and cosmetic facials for some time until the redness comes down.
Exposure to harsh weather
The weather conditions also play an important role in our skin conditions. When you skin in exposed to too much heat, redness increases. If you have to get out in the hot sun, do apply UV protective skin creams to avoid redness. You can also use umbrellas to protect from direct sunlight.
If the weather is very cold, make sure you apply skin moisturizers before stepping out of the house. You can also use scarf to protect your facial skin from harsh weather.
Heat can be a major cause for redness in skin. When you cold compress your facial skin, the redness comes down naturally.
- Take a thick cloth towel and cold water.
- Dip the towel in cold water and squeeze out the excess water from it.
- Place the towel on the skin.
- Leave it on your as long as you want.
You can dip the towel in cold water and repeat the process many times a day. Make sure that you don’t catch cold. You can also place ice cubes on the towel and place it on the skin.
Aloe Vera is a natural coolant used for many skin problems.
- Take a fresh aloe Vera leaf.
- Cut open the leaf and extract the gel from it.
- Apply the gel on the facial skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with plain or cold water.
If you have excess extracted gel, you can store it in an air tight container and refrigerate it. If fresh aloe vera is not available, ready-made gel is available in all super markets.
You can use aloe vera gel on your skin once a day.
Dry skin can cause many skin problems like itching, irritation and sometimes even flaky skin. Redness can be caused because of skin dryness too.
- You can use either coconut oil or olive oil.
- Take a spoon of oil (your choice).
- Heat it until it is warm.
- Apply the oil all over the face and gently massage.
- Leave the oil overnight on your skin.
The essential fatty acids in the oil works like a natural moisturizer and reduces redness. You can follow this method even after redness is reduced.
Oil massage will nourish and keep your skin young.
You can also regularly use fruit pack and fruit masks on your skin. This will help you to moisturize your skin and reduce wrinkles. Redness will naturally go down when you keep your body cool and relax your muscles.