Chamomile has amazing health benefits and can also be useful for healthy skin and hair. Here are the steps to make a homemade chamomile face scrub.
Benefits of Chamomile for skin:
- Chamomile can cure acne scars and helps in healing dark spots.
- It can help to promote soft skin and as a scrub, works as a gentle exfoliant.
- The flowers of chamomile can lighten skin and is hence used to reduce sun tan.
- These flowers can also protect the skin from damage due to free radicals.
Benefits of cumin for skin:
- Cumin has excellent anti-ageing benefits. It can reduce and prevent sagging of the skin.
- It can reduce dark spots due to ageing and wrinkles. This is due to the presence of Vitamin E in cumin seeds.
- It has anti-oxidants and substantial amounts of free radicals that helps to delay ageing and can promote youthful, clear skin.
- Both black and white cumin seeds have beneficial effects on the skin and these two can also be made into a face mask.
Cumin seeds – Names in other languages
- Scientific name – Cuminum cyminum
- English – Cumin seeds
- Hindi – Jeera
- Sanskrit – Jiraka
- Malayalam – Jeerakam
- Bengali – Jeera
- Tamil – Jeeragam
- Kannada – Jeerige
- Telugu – Jeelakari
Benefits of Himalayan salt for skin:
- Himalayan salt or pink salt has purifying effects on the skin.
- Magnesium present in pink salt can heal damaged skin and also clear impurities present in the skin.
- It has various other minerals in it which can act as a natural facial cleanser.
- Pink salt can also prevent breakout of pimples and acne. It is excellent for those with oily skin and can help to regulate the secretion of oil.
- Himalayan salt can also be used along with bath salt to cleanse the body.
This combination of pink salt, cumin seeds and dried chamomile flowers can hence be a great detoxifying scrub. You can use this scrub everyday for overall healthy skin.
Here are the steps to make a scrub using dried chamomile flowers, pink salt and white cumin seeds.
Purifying chamomile face scrub – Beauty remedy
- 1 tablespoon Dried Chamomile flowers
- 2 teaspoons Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Pink salt (Also known as Himalayan salt)
- Use dried chamomile flowers, Himalayan salt (also known as pink salt) and cumin seeds to make this face scrub.
- Place 1 tablespoon of dried flowers in a blender.
- Add about 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds.
- Add 1 teaspoon of pink salt.
- Blend all ingredients together into a coarse powder.
- The face scrub is done.
Directions for use:
- Mix rose water or just water to the powder.
- Mix and use like any other face scrub.
- Gently use it all over your face and neck.
- Wash off with a plain water.
Ramya Srinivasan, PDGBA, earned her Master’s degree in Business. As a result of her passion in native medicine, she got her Diploma in Traditional Siddha Medicine from Bharat Sevak Samaj registered under the Indian Planning Commission. She is certified by Stanford University School of Medicine in Introduction to Food and Health.
Beauty - DIY (5)
Cold, cough, flu and wheezing (3)
Dental care (2)
Digestive health (8)
Diseases and disorders (55)
DIY - Natural Remedy Recipes (160)
Female Sexual wellness (4)
Hair care (25)
Health - DIY (337)
Home remedies during and post pregnancy (9)
Home remedies for child care (25)
Home remedies for cholesterol (1)
Home remedies for weight loss (11)
Home remedies to cure diabetes (12)
Lip care (6)
Natural beauty products (33)
Natural Remedies (179)
Natural remedies for acne and pimples (26)
Podcasts - Q&A with Experts (2)
Pregnancy & Child care (48)
Recipes for nutrition (4)
Remedies for dandruff (7)
Remedies for hair fall (11)
Sexual issues in men (1)
Skin and Hair care (53)
Skin care (45)
Skin disorders (17)
Weight Loss (18)