Minor wounds and cuts are a type of injury in which the skin is torn, cut or punctured. Here is a simple home remedy to treat minor wounds, cuts, burns, scrapes, and bruises. This natural remedy not only treats minor wounds and cuts, but also helps to keep infections at bay and prevents scarring.
How to make natural anti-septic paste?
Take one teaspoon of white turmeric powder, cut open an aloe vera leaf and get the aloe vera gel. Mix these two ingredients well and apply it on the wound 2 to 3 times a day to reduce pain and prevent infection.
White turmeric names in other languages
White turmeric is scientifically called as curcuma zedoaria, Poolankilangu in Tamil, Kachoram in Telugu, Kachura in Hindi, Mango turmeric in Marathi, Aam aadaa in Bengali and Krachura in Sanskrit.
How to treat minor wounds and cuts with home remedy – DIY
- 1 teaspoon White turmeric (Poolankilangu) Powder
- Aloe vera leaf
- As required Water
- To make the paste, use white turmeric (poolankilangu) powder and aloe vera gel.
- Cut, open the leaf and separate the gel.
- Take two teaspoons of aloe vera gel and add one teaspoon of white turmeric (Poolankilangu) powder.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Paste is done.
Directions for use
Apply this paste 2 to 3 times daily until the wound heals completely.
How does white turmeric treat minor wounds and cuts?
White turmeric is antiseptic and mild analgesic in nature. White turmeric paste does wonders in treating minor wounds and cuts. This paste protects body from bacterial and viral infections. Apply white turmeric paste regularly until the wound heals completely.
White turmeric health benefits
· White turmeric has been traditionally used in treating menstrual cramps, abdominal cramps, joint pain, and strain.
· It contains phytonutrients which are powerful antioxidants thus helps remove free radicals from the body. This also protects the various organs such as heart, liver, kidney, skin and brain from oxidative damages.
· The anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties help to treat respiratory disorders such as cold, cough and asthma.
· White turmeric contains curcuminoids which has anticancer properties. Both white turmeric extract and its oil can prevent growth of cancerous cells (1).
· The extract of white turmeric contains anti-hyperglycemic properties (2). It has been used in popular medicines in treatment and control of diabetes.
· It is used in the treatment of fever, regulating body temperature, intestinal worms in children, dropsy and leprosy.
Similar to white turmeric, the other ingredient aloe vera is also antiseptic in nature. Aloe vera gel speeds up skin cell reproduction. It reduces the risk of more skin infections. Regular application of aloe vera gel helps to heal the wound and leaves no scars.
Aloe vera names in other languages
Aloe vera is scientifically called as Aloe Indica or Aloe Barbados, Kathazhai in Tamil, Gheekumari in Hindi, Khorpad in Marathi, Ghyu in Nepali, Chotthu kathalai in Malayalam.
Aloe vera for skin and health benefits
Aloe vera leaves contain many nutrients such as vitamin A, C, E, vitamin B1, B2, B3 (miacin), B6, B12, folic acid, choline, and amino acids. Some of the minerals found in aloe vera includes calcium, chromium, zinc, iron, magnesium, manganese, selenium, copper, potassium and sodium.
The cooling properties of aloe vera gel makes it a perfect remedy to treat sunburned skin. Once you apply the gel on skin, it provides a protective layer, which helps to retain moisture. The leaf is also rich in antioxidants and nutrients which speeds up the healing process.
Aloe is rich in vitamin A (beta carotene), C, E, anti-aging, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. All these properties help fight against aging, increase the body’s production of collagen, and improves skin elasticity(3).
Reduces acne, infection and blemishes
The antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties of aloe vera gel protects the skin from bacteria and other pathogens which lead to inflammation and infection. Aloe vera gel contains substances known as gibberellins and polysaccharides. These substances stimulate the growth of new cells and also reduce inflammation and redness. It is a great home remedy for acne scars and stretch marks.
Promotes hair growth and prevents dandruff
Applying aloe vera gel on hair and scalp increases blood circulation, and by that, increases new hair growth. Aloe vera also contains an enzyme called proteolytic, which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. Dandruff (4) may occur due to fungal infections, dry skin, oily or irritated skin. The antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera helps fight fungal infections and other conditions.
Aloe vera gel contains a compound called polysaccharides, which has the ability to cure digestive disorders and ulcers. The adaptogenic properties of aloe vera is beneficial for digestion. It also helps to cure constipation, piles, irritable bowel syndrome and other gastrointestinal conditions.
The main cause for inflammation is oxidative damage, which is caused by free radicals. Aloe vera is rich in antioxidants and it fight against free radicals and help manage the inflammation. Blend aloe vera gel, water and honey and drink on an empty stomach to benefit from it.
Aloe vera juice contains natural detoxifying properties, thus effectively cleansing the circulatory and digestive system. It results in better blood circulation and strengthens the immune system. The enzymes present in aloe vera extract helps break down the proteins that we consume into amino acids and turn the enzymes into fuel for every cell in the body. This enables the cells to function properly.
Follow the below DIY and know how to treat minor wounds and cuts using white turmeric and aloe vera.