Showing off long and beautiful nails is something every women wants! And it’s not easy to maintain that. Does your nail break off and looks brittle or dry, don’t worry for these remedies will help. This is a very common problem and can be cured with easy remedies.
This is a condition when your nail grows inside your nail bed instead of outside. People who have thick or curved nails often face this problem. This mostly occurs with adults. Ingrown nail condition happens mostly in toes only and very rarely in fingers. It looks like this happens because of continuous closure of the feet, like wearing shoes and the pressure because of wearing covered footwear.
You can try the following steps at home to relieve the pain caused by your ingrown toenail and help the nail to grow out naturally.
- Soak your sore toe in warm water for 15 minutes 2 to 3 times each day.
- Place a small piece of wet cotton, under the corner of your ingrown nail. This will help lift the nail off of the skin.
- Soak your toe and change the piece of cotton each day until the nail grows out and can be clipped off.
- Do not use a sharp object like manicure scissors to dig under your nail, because the toe might get infected.
- If there is pus, do not try to use a needle to remove it. This could make the infection worse.
- While your ingrown toenail is healing, wear comfortable shoes or sandals that do not press on your toe.
Consult your doctor to double check if your toe is getting better.
Dry and Brittle nails (fingers and toes)
Nails getting very dry and brittle is the most common problem many have. Nails keep chipping off or break off when you try to grow them. So you end up having very short nails. There are various ways to get healthy nails.
Lemon juice and olive oil
- 3 spoons of olive oil
- 1 spoon of fresh lemon juice
How to use
- Mix both and heat it until it is warm.
- Massage the mixture on your nails for 5 minutes.
- Later, soak your nails in the mix for about 10 minutes.
- You can rinse it off without soap or leave it overnight.
Lemon helps to freshen up and remove if any stains are present in your nails. Olive oil moisturizes the skin and nails. Keep doing this process on a daily basis for better results.
Oh yes, the alcoholic beer is not only good for hair but also for your nails. Beer contains minerals like potassium, phosphorus and selenium that are good for your nails.
- 3 spoons of beer
- 2 spoons of olive oil
- 1 spoon of apple cider vinegar
How to use
- Mix the above mentioned ingredients.
- Heat the mixture until it is warm.
- Soak your fingernails or toe nails for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water.
You can follow this process 3 times a week for good results.
Note: We do not advise drinking beer.
The minerals present in sea salt have healing and rejuvenating properties in it. It not only strengthens the nails but also gives a good shine to them.
- 2 spoons of smooth sea salt
- Few drops of wheat germ oil
- Few drops of lemon juice
How to use
- Mix the salt along with oil and lemon juice.
- Soak your nails in the solution for 15 minutes.
- You can just pat dry or rinse off your nails and then pat dry.
- Apply hand and foot cream or moisturizer to the cuticles.
You can do the process 2 or 3 times a week.
Coconut oil massage
This is a very simple and quick way to get good results.
Take few drops of coconut oil and massage it nicely on your cuticles and nails for 5 minutes. Do not rinse it off.
This can be many times a day. Keep applying this oil every time you see your nails getting dry.
Vitamin E oil
Vitamin E is very essential for keeping your nails and hair moisturized. Vitamin E oil is available in the form of capsules in medical stores.
You can extract the oil from the capsules and massage it into your nails and cuticles for 5 to 10 minutes. Do not rinse it off. It is better to leave it on.
You can massage with Vitamin E oil once a day.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil has a lot of essential oils and minerals in it. It helps to cure nail fungus in a very effective way. Nail fungus is something that makes your nail become thick, brittle and discolored. The anti-bacterial and anti-fungal property of tea tree oil helps to cure nail fungus.
Apply a few drops of tea tree oil on your nails and massage them deeply. Once you complete the massage, do not rinse it off.
You can apply the oil after bath or after you soak your nails in warm water. Oil can be absorbed by your nails easily when it is soft.
Consuming good and healthy food can help your nails be healthy. Make sure you do not skip fruits and vegetables. For a start, you can consult a doctor and consume biotin supplement. Essential fatty acids are also very important to have healthy nails.
Give your nails breathing time in between regular nail colors. It is better not to color your nails for 3 to 4 months when you see problems with your nails. Get it cured and then go coloring!